According to WebMD, “Vitamin C, also known as ascorbic acid, is necessary for the growth, development and repair of all body tissues.” We constantly need to absorb Vitamin C as it only lasts in adult bodies for 10-20 days.
2022 has been challenging for investors. It’s natural to have investment fatigue, we are going on 6 months of a near 20% drop in US Large Cap stocks. Just like our bodies, it’s time for our minds to receive a dose of Investment Vitamin C. We can’t retain it and need it too.
- The economy cannot be consistently forecasted.
- The stock market cannot be consistently timed.
- Staying invested in stocks is counterintuitive to our human desire to avoid risk/pain.
- The only way to be reasonably sure of capturing (and compounding) the return of stocks is to ride out their sometimes significant but always temporary declines.
- Peter Lynch once said, “The real key to making money in stocks is not to get scared out of them.”
- You’ve built a sound investment strategy based on your financial plan. Go back and confirm your goals. Then review your forecasted probability of success. You’ll likely be pleased to see you are still on track.